Leslie Ayers says you have 3-5 seconds to make a good impression in the bathroom
Leslie Ayers and I go back to the days when the value of staging a home was just beginning to come into its own. Leslie is the owner of L.A. Business Group which is a full service interior design company. She has over 35 years experience as an interior designer. Her company offers consultations for recommending changes, rearranging furnishings and providing some or all furnishings. She knows what sells in St Louis and gears her expertise to not only St Louis but to specific neighborhoods. She knows what to do to vacant and owner occupied homes to make them market ready.
Leslie has graciously agreed to share some of her tips as a guest blogger on AtHomeInStl.com.
Here is Leslie’s advice for Staging the Bathroom
Since most people initially just poke their head in the door – take a quick look around then go on to other rooms – you have about 3-5 seconds to make a good impression.
This room must sparkle, shine and invite!!!
* Make sure it is clean from top to bottom. Check those corners and shower doors.
* Light fixtures need to sparkle, work and have maximum wattage bulbs.
* Store personal items in another place.
* Fix leaky or dripping faucets.
* If wallpaper is peeling, remove and repaint with semi gloss paint.
* Get rid of worn, frayed towels and rugs.
Now that this room sparkles and shines create the INVITE with a spa look.
* Layer your towels on vanities.
* Add a simple flower.
* Add a tray with candles (of varying heights) or glass jars with soaps or cotton balls.
* Group in odd numbers.
* Layer or drape on tubs or shower seats.
* Add soaps on top of towels or next to them in containers.
Leslie Ayers is the owner of L.A. Business Group. An interior designer with over 35 years experience. From a consultation recommending needed changes, to rearranging existing furnishings, to providing some or all furnishings – L.A. Business Group can ensure that your vacant or owner occupied home is market ready.
- Leslie Ayers
- Phone: 636-398-8099
- Website: www.mylahomestaging.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are thinking of selling your home contact Barbara Heise, Sales Associate with RE/MAX Results Saint Louis, phone 314-448-4788 or text 314-503-4856